Sup Kimlo Solo
Fragrant soup from Solo
300 gr chicken breast
1500 ml water
2 tbsp oil
3 cloves garlic
150 gr bakso ikan (fish balls)
100 gr oyster mushrooms
150 gr bunga sedap malam / tuberoos, dried
2 tbsp kecap manis
1 tbsp salt
2 tsp pepper
50 gr soen / glass noodles
2 sprigs celery
2 spring onions / scallions
Cut the shallots, garlic and spring onions into thin slices. Cut the carrots into slices and the oyster mushrooms in strips and chop the celery coarsely.
Heat the pan the water together with the chicken and cook until done. Remove the chicken en shred it.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the shallots and garlic for 3 minutes. Then add the chicken, the bakso, the carrots, the oyster mushrooms, the bunga sedap malam, the kecap, the salt and the pepper and mix well and fry it for 4 minutes.
Add it to the broth and bring to the boil. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the soen and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the spring onion and celery on top and serve.
- Bakso Penyet Sambal Gledek - meatballs with a spicy sambal
- Cah Pokcoy Belacan - bokchoy with terasi and tomato
- MaPo Tofu - fried spicy tofu
- Ayam Suwit Pedas - spicy fried shredded chicken
- Ikan masak kluwek - catfish simmered in a spicy kluwek sauce
- Kaeng Khua Saparot - tiger prawns in a pineapple curry
- Abon Ikan Asin - fried salted fish