Tahu Telur Bumbu Bali
eggs and tahu in a red spicy sauce
750 ml coconut milk (from 1/2 coconut)
1 tsp palm sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp asam jawa
1/2 tsp terasi / trasi bakar
5 red lomboks
6 red cabai keriting (curly cayenne pepper)
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp ketumbar
1 cm lengkuas / galangal / laos
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
1 cm jahe
Heat the water in a pan and boil the eggs hard and then let it cool. Peel the eggs. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the eggs until brown and set aside.
Cut the tahu into blocks. Heat the oil in a pad and fry the tahu until brown and set aside.
Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu for 5 minutes. Then add the tahu and the eggs and mix well. Add the coconut milk, the asam jawa, the salt and the palm sugar while stirring and cook over medium heat until done and until the sauce has thickened.
- Sam Kie Tie (Peranakan) - stewed pork with salted cabbage
- Sue Rong Hai - grilled beef with a spicy sauce
- Hui Guo Rou - Twice cooked pork
- Watar Kawahuk - corn with coconut
- Sayur Kangkung Kuah Bening - stewed kangkung with beans in spicy sauce
- Nasi goreng Jawa - fried rice from Java with cabbage and chicken
- Kacang telor - fried peanuts