pickled vegetables with a peanut chili sauce
250 gr of carrot
250 gr baby corn
250 gr of green beans
250 g cucumber
2 tablespoons of salt
6 tablespoons of palm sugar
1 tablespoon of vinegar
500 ml of water
200 gr of peanuts
6 tablespoons of oil
Cut the vegetables into equal pieces. Pound or grind the peanuts fine. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Sprinkle the cucumber in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of palm sugar and let it rest for 15 minutes. Then press out the liquid.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the bumbu for 5 minutes. Then add the vegetables and mix well. Then add the salt, the palm sugar, the vinegar and the water. Mix well and bring to the boil and cook slowly for 6 minutes. Then add the peanuts and stir until the liquid has been absorbed. Serve.
- Daging Asam Padeh - braised beef in a spicy sauce
- Karedok Kacang Panjang Sunda - spicy snake beans from Sunda
- Daging Bumbu Dendeng - beef with coriander
- Lento Kacang Hijau - fried balls of mung beans
- Sambal Ulek Makassar
- Sambal Goreng Bloemkol - cauliflower in spicy creamy sauce
- Sop Kimlo - shrimp-chicken soup