fried fish in spicy creamy sauce
4 ikan lele/catfish/sea wolf
1 lime, juice
1/2 tsp salt
200 ml coconut milk (from 1/4 coconut)
8 red rawits
2 green tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
10 kemangi leaves
4 cloves of garlic
3 red lomboks
2 cm kunyit
3 cm kencur
2 cm jahe
3 cm lengkuas/laos/galangal
1/2 tsp ketumbar
1/2 tsp pepper
Rub the fish with the salt and lime juice and let it marinate for at least 15 minutes. Then rinse. Then roast the fish over a charcoal fire until brwon and set aside.
Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Cut the tomatoes into wedges.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the bumbu for 4 minutes. Then add the coconut milk, the rawits, the tomatoes, the salt and the palm sugar and bring it to a boil over low heat.
Then add the fish and cook until the sauce has thickened. Then mix in the kemangi and cook for 1 minute more. serve.
- Semur (Smoor) Daging Betawi - slowly stewed beef
- Terong Saus Tomato Pedas - Eggplant in spicy tomato sauce
- Ayam Merah Bacem - red roasted chicken
- Bola daging masak paprika - meatballs with peppers
- Belut Lado Mudo - fried eel in a green sauce
- Bayam Berudang - spinach in a spicy shrimp sauce
- Garang breath Ceker - steamed spiced chicken claws