Bandeng Pucung Bekasi
fried stewed seasoned fish
2 ikan bandeng / milkfish, otherwise red mullet
1 lime, juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cm kunyit, roasted
4 kemiri/candlenuts, roasted
3 kluwek / keluak, soaked
6 cloves of garlic
1500 ml of water
2 salam leaf
2 cm lengkuas / laos / galangal
2 serai / sereh / lemongrass
3 tbsp kecap manis
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp palm sugar
6 jeruk purut leaves
1 spring onion
2 tbsp oil
Rub the fish with the lime juice, the salt and the pepper and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. Cut the tomato into pieces and the spring onion into 1 cm pieces. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the fish until brown and set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the salam, the lengkuas and the serai for 6 minutes. Then add the tomato and the fish and mix well.
Then add the water, the kecap, the salt and the palm sugar and cook until done. Then mix in the spring onion and jeruk purut and cook for 1 minute and serve.
- Udang Bumbu Asam - fried shrimp/prawns on Moluccan way
- Daging Jamur - beef with a mushroom sauce
- Bihun Goreng Udang - noodles with shrimp
- Cah Taoge ayam - fried chicken with bean sprouts
- Gulai Hijau Itik - duck in a green curry
- Udang Bakar Kecap - roasted marinated prawns
- Koloke - fried chicken in a sweet-sour sauce with pineapple