Tempe Kuah Santen
tempe with shrimp in a coconut milk sauce
300 g tempe
100 gr shrimp, small
1 salam leaf
2 cm lengkuas / galangal / laos
3 green lomboks
750 ml coconut milk (from 1/2 coconut)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
8 jeruk purut leaves
3 cloves of garlic
3 kemiri nuts, roasted
1 cm kunyit, roasted
1/2 tsp ketumbar
Cut the tempe into cubes of 1 1/2 cm. Cut the lomboks into oblique rings. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Clean and peel the shrimp.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tempe until golden brown and set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the salam, the lengkuas and the lomboks for 5 minutes. Then add the shrimp and fry until they change colour. Then add the tempe and mix well.
Then add the salt, palm sugar and coconut milk and bring to the boil while stirring. Then add the jeruk purut and cook, while slowly stirring, until done.
- Terancam Jawa - Savory vegetables with coconut
- Kohu-Kohu - steamed tuna with vegetables from the Moluccas
- Serumpun Ubi - cassava cookies
- Ayam Masak Paprika - fried chicken with a bell pepper sauce
- Temo coe pandan - traditional cake from North Sumatra with pandan
- Pindang Udang Kacang Panjang - stewed shrimp/prawns with snake beans
- Empal Bumbu Taliwang - fried sirloin