spiced papaya with coconut
400 g papaya
200 gr papaya leaf
2 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
200 g coconut, grated
3 tbsp teri medan / anchovy, fried
2 tbsp petai cina / lamtoro / petai selong
6 jeruk purut leaves
3 cloves of garlic
3 red lomboks
3 cm kencur
2 tsp palmsugar
1/2 tsp asam Jawa
Cut the papaya julienne and the leaf into thin strips. Rub the papaya with 1 teaspoon of salt and squeeze out the moisture. Then rinse well. Then steam the papaya until done and set aside.
Heat in a pan some water together with the papaya leaf, 1 teaspoon salt and the palm sugar and cook until soft and done. Then squeeze out the moisture and set aside.
Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Finely chop the jeruk purut and mix it with the bumbu. Then mix in the coconut and steam until done.
Then mix in the papaya and the leaf and then the teri medan and the lamtoro. Serve.
- Ayam Taoco Cabai Hijau - Green spicy chicken
- Bayam Tumis Jamur Padi - stir-fry of spinach with mushrooms
- Otak-Otak Potong - steamed seasoned mackerel
- Palai Bungkus Daun Ubi Kayu - fish steamed in banana leaves
- Sambal Terasi Teri Jengki - Sambal with dried fish
- Sate ayam Bekasi - Grilled marinated chicken
- Pad Phuk Tong - fried pumpkin with pork