Gulai Buncis Tauco (Padang)
stewed beans with tauco and petai
250 g green beans
3 tbsp tauco
50 gr petai / peteh beans
150 g tahu
2 cm lengkuas / galangal / laos
1 salam leaf
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
1 jeruk purut leaf
5 tbsp water
10 green lomboks
500 ml thick coconut milk (from 1 coconut)
1 tsp salt
6 cloves of garlic
2 cm jahe
Slice the tahu into small cubes. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tahu until golden brown and set aside.
Cut the green beans into oblique pieces. Cut the shallots into thin slices. Cut the lomboks into oblique rings. Dice the tomato. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat 5 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the shallots for 5 minutes. Then add the bumbu, the laos, the salam, the jeruk purut and the serai and fry for 3 minutes more.
Then add the water and the beans and mix well. Then add the shrimp and the tahu and mix well and fry until the shrimp change colour.
Add the tauco, the petai and the lomboks and mix well. Add the tomato, salt and coconut milk and cook until done.
- Tumis Pari - stir-fry seasoned stingray
- Pais Suung - steamed roasted seasoned oyster mushrooms
- Tumis Udang Tomat - fried shrimp/prawns with tomato
- Ayam Pop Padang - Fried chicken with Sambal from Padang
- Sayur Asam-Asam Santan - vegetables stewed in coconut milk
- Sayur Sawi Putih Kuah - stewed Chinese cabbage
- Bihun Siram Capcay Goreng Kekian - Mihun with mixed vegetables and kekian