Gulai Buncis Tauco (Padang)
stewed beans with tauco and petai
250 g green beans
3 tbsp tauco
50 gr petai / peteh beans
150 g tahu
2 cm lengkuas / galangal / laos
1 salam leaf
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
1 jeruk purut leaf
5 tbsp water
10 green lomboks
500 ml thick coconut milk (from 1 coconut)
1 tsp salt
6 cloves of garlic
2 cm jahe
Slice the tahu into small cubes. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tahu until golden brown and set aside.
Cut the green beans into oblique pieces. Cut the shallots into thin slices. Cut the lomboks into oblique rings. Dice the tomato. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat 5 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the shallots for 5 minutes. Then add the bumbu, the laos, the salam, the jeruk purut and the serai and fry for 3 minutes more.
Then add the water and the beans and mix well. Then add the shrimp and the tahu and mix well and fry until the shrimp change colour.
Add the tauco, the petai and the lomboks and mix well. Add the tomato, salt and coconut milk and cook until done.
- Gulai Itik Aceh - duck curry from Aceh
- Kambing Merica - lamb in a green pepper sauce
- Sayur Belimbing Wuluh - starfruit with dried shrimps in coconut sauce
- Hoy Mang Pu Lourk - Mussels / clams
- Tumis Kangkung tauco - stir-fry of kangkung with eggs
- Tumis Tempe Kucai - fried tempe with chives
- Tumis Polleng - braised shrimp in coconutmilk