Terong Saus Tomato Pedas
Eggplant in spicy tomato sauce
1 eggplant (450gr)
4 cloves of garlic
3 cm jahe
5 red lomboks
3 tbsp saus tomat (see recipe)
2 tbsp kecap manis
1 tsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp palm sugar
125 ml water
1 spring onion
Cut the eggplant into pieces / wedges. Heat in a pan sufficient oil and (deep)fry the eggplant golden brown and set aside.
Chop the garlic and grate the jahe. Cut the lomboks into thin slices and spring onions into thin or slanted slices.
Heat in a pan 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the garlic, the jahe and the lomboks for 2 minutes. Then add the kecap, the saus tomat, the fish sauce, the pepper, the palm sugar and the water and mix well. Bring the sauce to the boil and add the eggplant and mix well. Sprinkle the spring onion on top and serve.
tip: for less heat, deseed the lomboks/chillies
- Tongseng Kambing Yogyakarta - spicy stewed lamb
- Panang Muh
- Paha Ayam Bakar Bawang - fried / roasted chicken
- Ayam Masak Paprika - fried chicken with a bell pepper sauce
- Oseng Kacang Panjang Telur Asin - spicy stir fry made of long/snake beans with egg
- Ayam Tumis Paprika - stir-fry of chicken with paprika
- Pindang Udang Kacang Panjang - stewed shrimp/prawns with snake beans