Terung Goreng Sauce Santan
fried eggplant with coconut milk from the Moluccas
2 terung ungu / long purple aubergine
400 ml thick coconut milk (kental)
4 cloves of garlic
1 spring onion
1 tsp palm sugar
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
3 red lomboks
1 tsp terasi / trasi
Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise in equal parts. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Cut the shallots and the garlic into thin slices. Cut the tomato and spring onion into slices.
Heat in a pan of oil and fry the aubergine golden brown and cooked and set aside.
Heat in a pan of oil and fry the bumbu together with the shallots and the garlic for 4 minutes. Then add the coconut milk and bring to the boil while stirring and cook until the sauce thickens. Then add the vinegar, pepper, salt, tomato and spring onion and cook until the tomato has softened.
Place the eggplant on a plate and spoon the sauce over it. Serve.
- Oseng Cumi Kecap - fried spicy calamari with kecap
- Tumis Oyong Teri Nasi - baked pumpkin with anchovies
- Pepes Cumi Asin Tomat Hijau - steamed spiced squid with green tomato
- Lentho - fried balls of red soya beans
- 烧鸡 - roasted chicken
- Gay Ning Takia - steamed chicken
- Kangkung tumis pedas - spicy stewed kangkung with tempe