Terung Goreng Sauce Santan
fried eggplant with coconut milk from the Moluccas
2 terung ungu / long purple aubergine
400 ml thick coconut milk (kental)
4 cloves of garlic
1 spring onion
1 tsp palm sugar
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
3 red lomboks
1 tsp terasi / trasi
Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise in equal parts. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Cut the shallots and the garlic into thin slices. Cut the tomato and spring onion into slices.
Heat in a pan of oil and fry the aubergine golden brown and cooked and set aside.
Heat in a pan of oil and fry the bumbu together with the shallots and the garlic for 4 minutes. Then add the coconut milk and bring to the boil while stirring and cook until the sauce thickens. Then add the vinegar, pepper, salt, tomato and spring onion and cook until the tomato has softened.
Place the eggplant on a plate and spoon the sauce over it. Serve.
- Telur Masak Belacan - fried eggs with shrimp paste
- Sambal Goreng Kembang - spicy fired cauliflower
- Sup Ikan Nila - fish soup with tilapia
- Semur Kambing Giling Kacang Merah - meatballs with red kidney beans
- Urutan Celeng - Balinese saucages
- Jamur Merang Goreng Kemangi - fried mushrooms with kemangi
- Piendang Kunyit - beef in sauce
Terung Goreng Sauce Santan - fried eggplant with coconut milk from the Moluccas
- Written by: AsianCook