Terong sauce Terasi
Eggplant with a spicy sauce of shrimp paste
4 tbsp oil
5 jeruk purut /kaffir lime leaves
1/2 tbsp salt
2 tsp palm sugar
250 ml of water
15 dried chilies
6 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp trassi / shrimp paste
2 spring onions
Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise twice and scar the 8 pieces. Soak the chilies in water and drain. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Chop the tomatoes.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the eggplants golden brown, remove them from the pan and set aside. Then add the bumbu and the jeruk purut and fry for 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, the salt, the palm sugar and the water and bring to the boil. Then simmer slowly until the tomato has becomes soft/wilted. Then add the eggplant and bring to the boil. Then gently simmer until the eggplants are cooked and the sauce has thickened.
Garnish the eggplants with the finely chopped spring onions.
- Sayur Lodeh Kacang Jagung Muda - stewed vegetables in coconut milk
- Telur Sambal Cipri - spicy eggs with apple
- Tumis Kerang Hijau - stewed mussels
- Brokoli Tumis Udang - stir-fry of broccoli with shrimp/prawns
- Sup Daging Asam Pedas - Spicy sour meat soup
- Ayam Penyet - Fried chicken with sambal
- Buntut Masak Cabai Hijau - oxtail with green pepper sauce