- Gulai Asin - stewed fish in spicy coconut milk sauce
- Pecak Tempe - fried tempe stewed in spiced coconut milk
- Babi Masak Tomat - stewed pork in a spicy tomato sauce
- Oseng-Oseng Tempe Jamu Tiram - Stir fry of tempe with oyster mushrooms
- Babi Masak Kucai - pork in a seasoned sauce
- Ampela Ayam Peteh - chicken stomachs with peteh
- Ihutilinanga - fried eggplant with spicy sauce
Pepes Telur Gandaria - seasoned steamed egg with gandaria
Pepes Telur Gandaria
seasoned steamed egg with gandaria
3 gandaria (otherwise use mango)
3 salam leaves
2 cm laos
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp oil
15 Kemangi leaves
3 cloves of garlic
5 candle nuts, roasted
3 red chilies
1/2 tsp salt
Cut the gandaria into slices and the laos in 3 thin slices. Beat the eggs with the salt and the water and steam it for 20 minutes and let it cool. Then break it into pieces.
Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste. Mix this with the egg, oil and Gandaria and divide the mass into 3 portions.
Spoon 1 portion on a banana leaf and top with 5 leaves Kemangi, 1 salam leaf and 1 slice of laos and fold it close as a package and secure it with the biteng.
Steam the packets for 15 minutes until tender.
- Written by AsianCook