Terong Masak Cabai Kecap
eggplant in a spicy kecap sauce
400 gr aubergine/eggplant (long and thin)
3 cloves of garlic
3 red lomboks
3 red cabai keriting (curly cayenne pepper)
2 salam leaves
3 jeruk purut leaves
3 tbsp kecap manis
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp palm sugar
200 ml of water
2 tbsp oil
Cut your aubergine lengthwise in half and then cut it into pieces. Thinly slice the garlic and finely chop the shallots. Cut the lomboks and the keriting into slanted slices.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the shallots and the garlic together with the lomboks, the salam and the jeruk purut for 5 minutes.
Then add the eggplant and fry it until soft. Then add the kecap, salt, pepper, palm sugar and the water and cook until done.
- Tempeh Kecap - fried tempe in a kecap sauce
- Garang Asem Ikan Tenggiri - (Spanish) mackerel in a spicy and sour sauce
- Ame Kumute - eggs in sauce
- Konro Makasar - makassarese meat soup
- Ayam Goreng Tulang Lunak - stewed fried spiced chicken
- Sambal Udang Campur Petai - fried spicy prawns
- Sate Jamur - Sate of mushrooms