Opor Daging Sapi
in coconut milk stewed beef
500 gr of beef (silverside)
1 tbsp lime juice
600 ml thick coconut milk (kenteal)
5 cm lengkuas / galangal / laos
1 salam leaf
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
5 cm jahe
1 tsp salt
1 jeruk purut leaf
1 tsp palm sugar
1 tsp pepper
2 tbsp butter
3 red rawits
7 cloves of garlic
4 kemiri nuts, roasted
4 red lomboks
1/2 tsp ketumbar
2 cm kunyit, roasted
Cut the meat into thin slices and flatten them. Mix the meat with the lime juice, the salt and the pepper. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the meat until golden brown and set aside.
Heat the coconut milk in a pan and bring it to the boil while stirring.
Heat in a pan the butter and fry the bumbu for 3 minutes. Then add the serai, the jahe, the salam, the jeruk purut and the palmsugar and mix well. Fry for 2 minutes. Then slowly add the coconut milk and mix well.
Then add the meat and cook until done.
- Daging Tumis Kacang Merah - braised beef with aduki beans
- Semur Ayam Medan - chicken stew with sweet sauce from Medan
- Tumis Sayur Buncis Jagung - spicy stir-fry with green beans and corn
- Daging Bawang Jeruk - Stewed beef with onion and a citrus aroma
- Rawon Blora - Black beef soup from Blora (central Java)
- Ayam Bakar Rica - Red roasted very spicy chicken
- Gangan Ikan Kelik/lele - catfish and cassave soup