Glutinous rice Cooked in bamboo
1 thicK piece of bamboo joint, 30 cm long
500 gr white glutinous rice
250 ml santen asli (thick coconut milk)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp peppercorns
Soak the rice for 3 hours in water. Slice the shallots fine. Clean the bamboo en line it with banana leaves. Steam the rice for 15 minutes. Mix in the santen, the salt, the shallots and the peppercorns and stir it until the santes is absorbed.
fille the bamboo with this mixture and close it with prop of banana leaf. Roast the bamboo slowly above a charcoal fire until it is done and the bamboo has turned evenly brown. Let it cool down and remove the rice. Slice it into pieces and serve.
- Kepiting Telur Asin - crab in egg sauce
- Sambal Goreng Daging Kemangi - spicy braised beef with kemangi
- Ayam Cabe Kering - spicy fried chicken pieces
- Sayur Asam Kangkung - Mixed vegetables in sauce
- Sambal Goreng Sama Bunci - spicy snake/string beans with chickenlivers
- Daging Semur - slowly cooked beef
- Carang Gesing - in coconut milk steamed banana