beef with vegetables from Manado
300 gr beef brisket
100 gr snake beans
1 sweet corn
150 gr eggplant
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
2 red lomboks
5 jeruk purut leaves
2 spring onion
1/2 bunch of kemangi
600 ml of water
1 tsp palm sugar
1 tsp salt
3 red lomboks
5 red rawits
4 cloves of garlic
2 cm jahe
1/2 tsp terasi / trasi
Cut the meat into pieces. Cut the beans into pieces of 4 cm, the eggplant into cubes and cut the corn kernels of the cob. Cut the lomboks into thin rings and the spring onions into small pieces. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat the water in a pan and cook the meat until done. Remove the meat from the pan and leave 500 ml of stock. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the serai and the jeruk purut for 5 minutes. Then add the meat and stock and bring to the boil.
Then add the corn, the beans and temper the heat. Then add the lomboks and aubergine and cook until done. Then mix in the salt, the palmsugar and the spring onion and cook until tender.
Then spoon in in the kemangi and serve.
- Cah Kacang Paniang - Fried snake beans with tofu and tempé
- Babi pedis dan daun papaya - pork with papaya leaf
- Ambyachi Kadi - mango chicken curry
- Sengkel Masak Kecap Jahe - stew of spiced beef
- Babi Panggang Brem - roasted marinated pork
- Dendeng Balado - fried beef in a sambal sauce
- Trassi Tumis Manado - vegetables as in Manado