- Gado Gado - mixed vegetables with peanutsauce
- Kari daging - braised beef in creamy coconut milk sauce
- Buntut Kuah Asam Pedas - Oxtail in a spicy and lightly sour sauce
- Kagape kambing - Lamb in creamy sauce
- Sambal Asam Udang - Sambal of shrimps from Aceh / Atjeh
- Danggung Telambun - traditional dish from Aceh
- Coto Makasar - beef in a spicy broth
Gimbal Tahu Goreng - fried tofu on a vegetable crust
Gimbal Tahu Goreng
fried tofu on a vegetable crust
75g bean sprouts
125g rice flour
50 g flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp palmsugar
200ml coconut milk
1 spring onion
4 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tsp ketumbar, dry roasted
2 kemiri nuts
Cut the tofu into 1 cm cubes, chop the shrimp coarsely, cut the carrot and cabbage julliene, slice the spring onions finely and whisk the egg. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste.
Mix shrimp, bean sprouts, carrot, cabbage, the paste, rice flour, the flour, salt, palm sugar, coconut milk, egg and spring onions into a batter.
Heat in a pan the oil and heat in it a soup ladle. Pour some of the batter in it and sprinkle the tahu on top. Dip the ladle back into the oil and fry the gimbal half done. Remove the gimbal from the ladle and fry it further in the oil until done. Repeat until the batter is used up.
- Written by AsianCook