- Babi Kluyuk - pork in sweet and sour sauce
- Gangan - fish soup with cassave from Belitung
- Sayur Lombok - tahu and tempe in spicy coconut milk
- Sambal Goreng Remploh Ayam - spicy fried chicken stomachs
- Opor Bebek
- Brokoli Kuah Kental - stewed broccoli in spicy sauce
- Bandeng Masak Kemangi - stewed spicy fish with lemon basil
Empal Asem Ciribon - braised beef in slightly acidic sauce from Ciribon
Empal Asem Ciribon
braised beef in slightly acidic sauce from Ciribon
900g beef (breast)
3 salam leaves
1 1/2 tbsp salt
3 tbsp asemwater
2000 ml of water
2 tablespoons oil
5 cloves garlic
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp ketumbar
2 cm laos
6 belimbing wuluh / star fruit
2 tbsp bawang boreng
3 green chilies
5 red chilies
4 red rawits
100 ml of water
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp palm sugar
Heat in a pan the water along with the meat and cook it. Cut the meat into pieces and leave 2500ml of broth behind. Then put the meat back in the pan.
Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste. Heat in a pan the oil and fry the paste with the lemongrass and the salam for 5 minutes. Add this to the meat and bring to a boil. Stir in the asemwater.
Cut the tomatoes, chives and belimbing into pieces. Pound or grind the ingredients for the sambal fine.
Spoon some of the sambal, the tomatoes, the star fruit in a bowl and laddle the meat with the broth on top. Sprinkle it with bawang goreng and chives and serve.
- Written by AsianCook