thin fried beef
500 gr beef
450 ml water
1 tsp. tamarind (asem)
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp. coriander (ketumbar)
Fill a pan with the water and add the beef. Boil the beef for about 1 hour. Remove the beef and cut it in small flat pieces. Pound the pieces then flat and tender.
Mix the asem, the sugar, the salt, the ketumbar and the garlic together as a paste and add it to the water. Put the meat back in and boil it slowly until the sauce is thickened.
Heat in a wok the oil and fry the beef brown and crisp in about 5 minutes. Have it drain on paper towels and serve.
© f.m. wiedenhoff
- Semur Ayam Merica Hitam - stewed chicken with black pepper
- Tahu Kecap Kudus - fried tahu in kecap sauce
- Botok Kerang - in banana leaf steamed mussels / clams
- Daging Panggang Madu - honey fried beef
- Babi Assam - Pork in tamarind sauce
- Frikadel Tahu Goreng - fried tahu/tofu balls
- Jagung Goreng - fried corn with meat and bull pepper