Semur Bebek Bumbu Ngo Hiang
braised duck in a dark spicy sauce
1000 gr duck
5 cm jahe
2 spring onions
4 tbsp kecap manis
4 tbsp arrack (white)/angciu
50 gr palm sugar/cane sugar/rock sugar
1 tbsp ngo hiang/five spice powder
700 g white cabbage
6 shiitake mushrooms
Grate the jahe. Cut the carrot into slices and the cabbage into coarse pieces. Cut the spring onion into pieces. Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
Heat the water in a pan and bring it to a boil. Cut the duck into 4 pieces and add it to the water and cook for 5 minutes. Then remove 2/3 of the water and then add the jahe, the spring onion, the kecap, the arak, the palm sugar and the five-spice powder and cook it covered on medium heat for 1 hour until the duck is tender.
Then add the carrot, cabbage and mushrooms and cook until done.
- Oseng Labu siam jagung - braised chayote with corn
- Sambal Goreng Pundang - spicy fried fish from Kalimantan
- Garang Asem Tongkol - spicy steamed tuna
- Neua Pad Prik - fried marinated beef with chilies
- aubergine-tofu in chile bean sauce
- Gang Garee Gai
- Tumis Baby Buncis - stir fry of haricot verts with bakso