Semur Bebek Bumbu Ngo Hiang
braised duck in a dark spicy sauce
1000 gr duck
5 cm jahe
2 spring onions
4 tbsp kecap manis
4 tbsp arrack (white)/angciu
50 gr palm sugar/cane sugar/rock sugar
1 tbsp ngo hiang/five spice powder
700 g white cabbage
6 shiitake mushrooms
Grate the jahe. Cut the carrot into slices and the cabbage into coarse pieces. Cut the spring onion into pieces. Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
Heat the water in a pan and bring it to a boil. Cut the duck into 4 pieces and add it to the water and cook for 5 minutes. Then remove 2/3 of the water and then add the jahe, the spring onion, the kecap, the arak, the palm sugar and the five-spice powder and cook it covered on medium heat for 1 hour until the duck is tender.
Then add the carrot, cabbage and mushrooms and cook until done.
- Tahu Goreng Sambal Sereh - Fried tahu / tofu with sambal
- Kaeng Khua Saparot - tiger prawns in a pineapple curry
- Taoto - Javanese beef stew with a yellow bean sauce
- Mu Sam Chun Pad Puk - stir fry of pork / bacon with cabbage
- Koa Neiw Ping Choup Ka - sticky rice cakes
- Ayam Suwir Kelapa Sangrai - spiced chicken with coconut
- Semur Ayam Dengan Soun - stewed chicken in dark sauce with soun