spiced smoked chicken
1 chicken (1000 gr)
2 tbsp peppercorns
2 tsp salt
1 spring onion
30 gr jahe/ginger
3 star anise
7 cm cinnamon
7 tbsp kecap asin
7 tbsp palm sugar
50 gr flour
30 g tea leaves
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp chicken oil
Cut the spring onion into pieces. Cut the jahe into slices. Heat a pan and roast the pepper. Then pound or grind it fine. Then mix in the salt and roast for a few more minutes. Then rub the chicken with this mixture (inside and outside).
Heat the water in a pan and add the spring onion, jahe, star anise, cinnamon and kecap and mix well. Then add the chicken and cook on low heat for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, cover the pan and let it rest for another 30 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and drain well.
Heat the palm sugar, the flour and the tea leaves in a pan and place a bumbu steamer basket with the chicken on it. When it starts to smoke, cover and let it rest for 20 minutes. Then baste the chicken with the oil and serve.
- Begane - Stew of lamb
- Sayur daun ubi - stewed cassava leaves in spicy coconut milk sauce
- Sate ayam Banjar - chicken satay with a spicy tomato-kecap sauce
- Jog Gung
- Tumis pokcoy wijen - fried paksoy with sesame and bean sprouts
- Ayam Masak Bugis - chicken in creamy coconutsauce
- Telur Puyuh Bumbu Bali - quail eggs in a spicy red sauce