Ayam Masak Merah
Chicken with tomato, dried peppers and herbs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp kunyit / turmeric
2 tbsp oil
2 sereh / lemongrass, knotted
4 tbsp sauce tomat (see recipe)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp palm sugar
5 cloves of garlic
5 cm jahe/ginger
15 dried red chilies
Slice the chicken into 8 pieces and rub it in with salt and kunyit and leave it for 15 minutes. Cut the onion into thin slices, the tomatoes into parts and pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken for 15 minutes until the chicken has become brown and cooked. Sproon out the chicken and set aside.
Add the bumbu and the sereh and fry for 4 minutes. Then add the onion and the tomatoes and fry until soft. Add the chicken together with the salt, the palm sugar and the saus tomat and simmer it covered for 10 minutes.
- Botok Tempe - steamed spicy tempe
- Garu Balanga - braised shin of beef in spicy sauce
- Ayam Setan - devil's chicken
- Tumis Mayosi Sawi Asin - stir-fry of bean sprouts and salted cabbage
- Ayam bakar Bumbu kelapa - roasted chicken with coconut dressing
- Dengdeng Surabaja - cooked beef
- Cumi Tumis Cabai Hijau - calamares with green peppers (sauce)