- Udang Goreng Mentega - shrimp fried in butter
- Ikan Masak Air Garam - Bonito with starfruit in salty water
- Mi Rebus Aceh (Aceh) - yellow noodles with vegetables and meat
- Soto Daging - spicy beef soup
- Palai Bada - whitebait with herbs grilled in banana leaf
- Ikan layur masak balado - red fried largehead hairtail
- Ikan goreng pandan - grilled spiced fish in pandan leaf
Lengua Estofado - beef stew with olives
beef stew with olives
900g ox tongue
6 tbsp flour
200 ml of white wine
4 cloves garlic
2 tbsp palm sugar
2 tbsp kecap / soy sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
5 bay leaves
225g green olives, pitted
60g black olives, pitted
250ml beef stock
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons oil
First cook the tongue until done (pressure cooker 45 minutes), allow to cool and remove the skin/outer layer. Cut the meat into slices. Coat the slices with flour and shake off.
Mince the garlic, cut the onion into thin slices and the tomatoes into small cubes. Slice the mushrooms and black olives into thin slices.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the meat for 1 minute per side. Then put the meat aside. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently until soft. Add the tomatoes and wine and mix well.
Add the meat along with the kecap and broth and bring to a boil. Add the bay leaves and let it simmer slowly, clovered, until the sauce has halved. Then add the vinegar and bring to a boil. Add the mushrooms, palm sugar and olives and simmer gently for 7 minutes. Stir in the pepper and salt and serve.
- Written by AsianCook