fried tempe stewed in spiced coconut milk
350 gr tempe
150 ml coconut milk (from 1/2 coconut)
4 cloves of garlic
2 cm kencur
1/2 tsp terasi / trasi
1 tsp palm sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 jeruk purut leaves, without grain
Cut the tempe into cubes. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste.
Heat the coconut milk together with the bumbu in a pan and bring to the boil. then add the tempe and cook until the moisture has evaporated.
Remove the tempe from the pan. Heat a pan and fry the tempe until brown and baste it regularly with the sauce. Serve.
- Semur Daging Sapi Empuk - stew of seasoned beef
- Gudangan - spiced papaya with coconut
- Sate Sapi Bumbu Ketumbar - Sate of beef with coriander
- Tumis Teri Tawar - stir-fry of tempe with anchovy
- Ikan Masak Arsik - stuffed carp in a slight sourly sauce
- Pesmol Ikan Kembung - fried fish with a spicy sauce
- Lontong Kare Ayam - chicken curry with lontong/rice cakes