Semur Tahus Pedas
spicy tofu stew from North Sumatra
3 cloves of garlic
2 salam leaves
2 cm laos (galangal)
3 red lomboks (large chilies)
6 red rawits (bird's eye chilies)
7 tbsp kecap manis
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
300 ml of water
2 tbsp oil
Cut the tahu into cubes. Cut the shallots, garlic and rawits into thin slices, the lomboks in slanted rings and grate de laos.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the shallots, garlic, salam and laos for 3 minutes. Then add the lomboks and the rawits and fry until soft. Add the tahu and mix well. Then add the kecap, pepper, salt and nutmeg and mix well.
Then add the water and simmer it gently until everything is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Daging Totok - fried beef strips with coconut
- Mangasik Toba - braised catfish in spicy sauce from North Sumatra
- Asem-Asem Iga Sapi - stew of beef with beans
- Daging Pedas Cabai Hijau - fried slices of beef with green pepper
- Semur Hati Ayam Rasa Pedas - Spicy stew of chicken liver
- Sawi Putih Tumis Taosi - stewed cabbage with chicken and taosi
- Sayur Terung Tauco Pedas - stewed eggplants in spicy sweet sauce