Opor Bebek Surakarta
in coconut milk stewed spiced duck
9 cm lengkuas / galangal
2 serai / sereh / lemongrass
6 asam jawa
4 jeruk purut leaves
6 tbsp oil
6 cloves of garlic
10 kemiri nuts
3 tbsp palm sugar
2 tbsp salt
3 tsp ketumbar
1 tsp terasi / trasi
Grate the coconuts and mix it with water and form 1000ml thick coconut milk (kental) and 500 ml thin coconut milk (encer). See also recipe on the site.
Cut the duck into pieces. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat the thin coconut milk in a pan together with the bumbu, the serai, the jeruk purut, the laos and the duck and cook the duck halfdone.
Then add the asam and the thick coconut milk and cook until done and until the sauce has been halved. Serve.
- Ayam kemangi bumbu kuning - fragrant yellow chicken
- Asin Ikan Mas - carp in a spicy sauce
- Tumis Sawi Dan Jagung Pipil - fried cabbage with corn
- Bakso Goreng Pedas - spicy fried chicken balls
- Ayam Masak Tauco - chicken in yellow bean sauce
- Ayam Paprik - spicy stir-fried chicken with paprika/bell pepper
- Loon Torw Jiew - shrimp and meat sauce