Terong Kecap Pedas
eggplant in a spicy kecap sauce
450 gr aubergine
5 cloves of garlic
9 dried chili peppers
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tbsp kecap manis
1 green lombok
100 ml of water
Cut the eggplants into pieces. Finely chop the garlic and cut the shallots into thin slices. Seed the chili peppers and cut the lombok into thin rings.
Heat in a pan sufficient oil and deep fry the eggplant for 1 minute and set aside. Pour out the oil but leave 3 tablespoons of oil behind. Fry the shallots, garlic and chili pepper for 3 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, kecap and water and bring to the boil.
Then add the eggplant and cook it slowly until done and until the sauce is almost taken up. Sprinkle the sliced lombok on top and serve.
- Anak Domba Taoco - baked stewed lamb in sauce
- Kalio Daging - beef with potato in a spicy sauce
- Abon Daging - dry-fried pulled beef
- Priaw Waan Kai - chicken in sweet/sour sauce
- Bola daging Bumbu Bali - meatballs Balinese style
- Cah Sayur - fried meat with vegetables and tofu
- Mi goreng cabai hijau yang Lezat - fried noodles with green chilies