Sambal Tauco Labu Siam
spicy stewed chayote with tauco
3 lab siam / chayote
4 tbsp taoco
3 cm lengkuas / galangal
1 salam leaf
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp palm sugar
250 ml water / vegetable broth
3 tbsp oil
4 cloves of garlic
2 cm kunyit
2 red rawits
Peel the chayote and cut into thin slices. Cut the tomatoes into cubes and the lomboks in oblique rings. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the tauco, the laos, the salam and the lomboks for 3 minutes.
Then add the tomatoes, the salt and the palmsugar and mix well. Fry over medium heat until the tomatoes have wilted.
Then add the chayote and the water and bring to the boil. Then simmer on low heat and covered until the chayote is done. Serve.
- Asam Keung Udeng - shrimp/prawns in a slightly acidic sauce from Aceh
- Ikan Asam Kuah Kemangi - tilapia in spicy slight acidic sauce
- Alu Che - potato and chicken stew
- Chicken with black pepper - 黑椒鸡丁
- Daging Sapi Bumbu Rujak - seasoned braised beef
- Kare Telor - curry eggs
- Daging than Sawi Hijau Saus Tiram - beef with choy sum in oyster sauce