Tongseng Kambing Tanpa Santan
spicy stewed lamb
500 gr lamb
2 salam, leaf
1 serai/sereh/lemon grass
2 jeruk purut leaves
1 star anise
2 cm cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp palm sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp kecap manis
3 tbsp oil
4 cloves of garlic
1 cm jahe
2 cm kunyit
1/2 tsp jinten
1/2 tsp pepper
5 cabbage leaves
2 spring onions
15 red rawits
2 tbsp bawang goreng
Cut the meat into pieces. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Cut the cabbage leaves into thin strips, cut the spring onion into pieces and the tomatoes into cubes.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu for 5 minutes. Then add the cardamom, cloves, staranise, cinnamon, jeruk purut, salam and serai and mix well. Then add the meat and fry until it changes color.
Then add the water and bring to a boil. Then add the salt and palm sugar and cook over low heat until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.
Then mix in the cabbage, the rawits and the kecap and stir until the cabbage has become soft. Then add the tomatoes and the spring onion and mix well. Sprinkle over the bawang goreng and serve.
- Sambal Lotek - sambal with peanuts
- Nam Pla Prig - chili fish sauce
- Gulai Siput Kuantan - snail curry
- Cilok - Tapioca balls in peanut sauce
- Telur Ceplok Kuning Pedas - omelette in spicy yellow sauce
- Daging Japit Santan - Spicy stewed and roasted beef
- Choo Chee Gkung Shel Gkap Hed - curry prawns with mushroom in coconut milk