Tongseng Kambing Yogyakarta
spicy stewed lamb
500 gr lamb or goat
4 salam leaf
2 cm jahe, grated
1000 ml of water
1500 ml coconut milk (from 1 1/2 coconut)
2 cm lengkuas / galangal / laos
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
100 g cabbage
5 red rawits
3 tbsp kecap manis
3 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 spring onion
2 tbsp oil
5 cloves of garlic
4 kemiri/candlenuts, roasted
2 cm jahe
1 tsp ketumbar
Heat in a pan the water together with 2 salam leaves and the jahe and cook the meat until half cooked. Then cut the meat into pieces.
Cut the cabbage into 2 cm pieces. Cut the shallots into thin slices and the tomato into cubes. Cut the spring onion into 1 cm pieces. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the shallots, salam, laos, serai and rawits for 6 minutes.
Then add the meat and the kecap and mix well. Then add the coconut milk and bring to the boil while stirring. Add the salt, pepper, cabbage, spring onion and tomato and cook until done.
- Daging Bumbu Manis - beef in a dark sweet sauce
- Udang Jerbung Goreng - fried large spiced shrimps/prawns
- Sayur caisim jamur - stewed with mushrooms fried choy sum
- Daging Panggang Ungkep Air Kelapa - fried beef stewed in coconut water
- Gay Yang Sauce Dum - grilled chicken with a dark sweet sauce
- Gulai Kambing
- Ikan bumbu Bali