- Udang Goreng Tabur Cabai - fried spicy shrimps
- Kare Kembang Kol - Curry of cauliflower with chicken
- Semur Ayam Kentang - stew of chicken with potato
- Sayur Kapau - braised beef with vegetables
- Satai Manis Palembang - sweet satay from Palembang
- Dadar Guleh
- Sambal lado merah - sambal petai beans with dried fish
Krengsengan Kambing - stew of spiced lamb/goat
stew of spiced lamb/goat
500g lamb or goat
2 tbsp kecap manis
1 tbsp petis udang
300ml shrimp broth
3 red chilies
3 tablespoons oil
4 cloves garlic
6 red rawits
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
Cut the meat into pieces and the chilies into strips. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste. Marinate the meat with the kecap and petis for at least 30 minutes.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the paste for 5 minutes. Add the meat with the marinade and fry it brown. Add the broth and let it simmer covered until the meat is almost tender and the liquid has evaporated.
Remove the lid and stir until the oil is released. Stir in the chilies and fry until soft. Serve.
- Written by / Copyright by AsianCook / F.M. Wiedenhoff