Gurami Masak Taoco
fried fish with a taoco sauce
2 pieces / 800 gr gurami, otherwise trout
5 cm jahe
3 tbsp kecap asin
5 tbsp taoco
1 tbsp palm sugar
1 tsp pepper
2 spring onions
200 ml chicken stock
1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved with a little water
5 cloves of garlic
4 red lomboks
Grate the jahe. Cut the carrot julienne. Cut the spring onion and tomato into small pieces / cubes. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste.
Clean the fish and cut it into slices. Rub the slices in with the kecap and the jahe and let it marinate for 20 minutes. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the fish until brown and done and set aside.
Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the bumbu for 5 minutes. Then add the taoco, the palm sugar and the pepper and mix well. Then add the carrot, the spring onion, the tomato and mix well. Then add the stock and bring to the boil.
Then mix in the cornstarch and stir until the sauce thickens. Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve.
- Nasi goreng kambing - fried rice with goat / sheep meat
- Tim Telur Labu Kuning - spiced eggs with pumpkin
- Nasi Bakar Bandeng Pedas - Spicy roasted rice with fish
- Ayam Penyet Wangi Kemangi - Fragrant fried spicy chicken
- Botok Kangkung Ikan Gabus Asin - steamed kangkung with salted fish
- Sambal Goreng Labu Siam - in coconut milk braised spicy chayote
- Soto Daging Bangkalan - soup from Bangkalan (Madura)