Pepes Cumi Asin Tomat Hijau
steamed spiced squid with green tomato
250 gr salted squid
200 ml thick coconut milk (from 1 coconut)
30 gr melinjo leaf
2 eggs, beaten
13 petai / peteh beans
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
4 cloves of garlic
8 green cabai keriting (curly cayenne pepper)
5 green tomatoes
3 red rawits
Cut the melinjo into strips, halve the petai beans and cut the serai into thin slices. Fold the banana leaf into containers. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Soak the squid in the hot water. Then drain and halve it afterwards. Then mix it with the bumbu, coconut milk, melinjo, eggs, petai and serai and form a batter.
Spoon 5 tablespoons of the mixture into a banana container. Then steam the containers for 30 minutes until cooked.
- Gulai Itik (Padang) - duck in green pepper sauce
- Udang Pedas Manis - Shrimp in spicy and sweet sauce
- Bakwan Udang - seasoned shrimp/prawns fritters
- Sambal Rebus - Boiled sambal/chili sauce
- Koa Rad Nha Guong Sauce Garthream - fried prawns/shrimp in garlicsauce
- Sambal Tauco Labu Siam - spicy stewed chayote with tauco
- Ayam Suwir Kelapa Sangrai - spiced chicken with coconut