- Perkedel Misoa Udang - spiced misoa cookies/balls with shrimp
- Gulai Ayam Rebung - chicken/fowl curry with bambushoots
- Sup Ikan Jamur Kuping - fish soup with mushrooms
- Sup Ikan Gurami - seasoned fish soup
- Opor Daging - beef stewed with pineapple and potato
- Sambal Goreng Telor Petis 2 - fried eggs in spicy sauce
- Ayam goreng pop - Sumatran fried chicken
Pepes ayam merah - spicy in banana leaf steamed chicken
Pepes ayam merah
spicy in banana leaf steamed chicken
1 tbsp asemwater
3 red chilies
3 red tomatoes
8 red rawits
2 tsp salt
50 ml santen asli
8 salam leaves
3 tablespoons oil
4 cloves garlic
7 red chilies
2 red rawits
1 cm kunyit
1 cm jahe
2 jeruk purut
2 lemongrass stalks.
Cut the chicken into 16 pieces and marinate it with the asemwater for at least 20 minutes. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste. Cut the tomatoes finely. Deseed the chilies and cut them into diagonal strips.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the paste for 5 minutes. Add the salt, palm sugar and santen and bring to a boil. Add this to the chicken and mix it blending with the chilies, tomatoes, rawits and the beaten egg.
Take a piece of banana leaf and lay on it a salem leaf. Scoop on top some of the chicken mixture and fold it closed as a package and secure it with the biteng. Repeat this 8 times.
Steam the packets slowly until cooked in 50 minutes.
- Written by / Copyright by AsianCook / F.M. Wiedenhoff