Goong Pad Sataw
stir-fry shrimp with petai beans
400 gr shrimp
3 tbsp yellow curry paste (see recipe)
225 gr petai / peteh /stink beans
1/2 tsp terasi / trasi
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp palm sugar
7 jeruk purut leaves
2 tbsp oil
Clean and peel the shrimp. Then cut the back but leave the tail on.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the paste together with the terasi for 1 minute. Then add the shrimp and stir-fry the shrimp until they change colour.
Then add the petai and fry while stirring for 1 minute. Then add the oyster sauce and the palm sugar and until it has dissolved and fry for 1 minute. Add some water if necessary.
Then add the jeruk purut and fry for 30 seconds and serve.
- Daging Bumbu Bakar - strips of seasoned beef
- Abon Daging - dry-fried pulled beef
- Rabo'ruan - spiced fish meat from Kalimantan
- Daging Kambing Santan - spicy lamb stewed in coconut milk
- Pallu Mara - spicy yellow tamarind fish
- Sayur Taoco - mixed vegetables in a black bean sauce
- Sayur Terong Gurih - eggplant with tempe in spicy sauce