in coconut milk spiced stewed cuttlefish/squid
200 ml thick coconut milk (kental)
50 gr grated coconut, roasted
1 kunyit leaf
2 jeruk purut leaves
2 salam leaf
1 asam kandis
1 tbsp palm sugar
4 red lomboks
6 cloves of garlic
1 tsp ketumbar, roasted
3 cm jahe
3 cm lengkuas / galangal
1 tbsp salt
Clean the cuttlefish and remove the ink bags and the hard parts. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat a pan and add the bumbu and fry them together with the jeruk purut, the salam, the asam kandis, the palmsugar and the kunyit leaf for 4 minutes.
Then add the coconut milk and cook over medium heat while stirring until it begins to thicken. Then add the cuttlefish and bring to the boil. Then continue to cook on low heat until the oil is released. Then add the grated coconut and cook until the sauce has thickened. Serve.
- Sambel Udang
- Gulai Ayam Padang - chicken curry from Padang
- Gulai Cincang - lamb in spicy coconutmilk sauce
- Urap Sambal Mentah - mixed vegetables with spicy sauce
- Tumis Labu Taoco - stir fry of chayote and taoco
- Sate Ayam Berbumbu Petis - Specially marinated chicken sate
- Baro-Baro - mung beans snack from Bali