Sarden Goreng Sauce Tomat
fried sardines in tomato sauce
400 gr sardines
100 gr cornstarch
1 tbsp butter
4 cloves of garlic
2 cm jahe/ginger
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass, white part
5 jeruk purut
1 small cucumber
5 red rawits
200 ml of water
Beat the egg. Roll the sardines through the egg and then through the cornstarch. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the sardines brown and done. Set aside.
Cut the onion and the garlic clove into thin slices. Grate the jahe. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Then cut the cucumber into slices of 1x1x3 cm. Cut the carrot into strips of 1x1x3 cm. Cut the rawits fine. Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
Heat in a pan the butter and fry the onion, the garlic and the jahe for 3 minutes.
Then add the tomatoes, the serai, the jeruk purut and the water and bring to the boil while stirring. Then add the carrot, the cucumber and bring to the boil again. Then add the sardines and mix well. Serve.
- Sambal Bawang Putih - Garlic sambal
- Kerang Masak Jeruk - Mussels in a light citrus sauce
- Ikan goreng pandan - grilled spiced fish in pandan leaf
- Daging Masak Krengsengan - beef stew with potato in spicy sauce
- Tumis Terong Hijau Pedas - Spicy stirfry of eggplant
- Manuk Dang - steamed spicy stuffed chicken
- Semur Panji - braised spiced beef slices