Kuah Lakse Tongkol
tuna in a creamy curry sauce
1 bonito / 5 slices of tuna
500 gr potato
1 salam leaf
2 cm lengkuas / laos
2 curry leaves
2 tsp curry powder
750 ml coconut milk (from 1 coconut)
1 tsp salt
25 gr teri nasi (dried anchicus)
1/2 tsp palm sugar
5 cloves of garlic
2 cm jahe
5 dried pepper, soaked
Soak the teri nasi in hot water for 15 minutes and then drain. Heat in a pan of oil and fry the teri nasi crispy and set aside. Cut the potatoes into small cubes. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat in a pan 2 tbsp oil and fry the bumbu for 4 minutes. Then add the laos and the salam and fry for another 2 minutes. Then add the curry and mix everything well.
Then add the tuna and make sure the tuna is covered with the spices. Then add the potatoes and mix well.
Then add the coconut milk and bring it to the boil while stirring. Then add the curry leaves, the palmsugar and the salt and cook it gently until done. Sprinkle the fried teri nasi over it and serve.
- Satai Ayam Bumbu Rujak - satay of spiced chicken
- Daging Masak Kuning - beef in a slightly yellowish sour sauce
- Sayur daun papaya dan pakis - cooked papaya leaves and fern tops
- Begane - Stew of lamb
- Moo Pat Prik Thai Dam - sliced pork with black pepper
- Bacem Tahu Bumbu Kuning - fragrant fried yellow coloured tahu/tofu
- Sayur Oyong Katuk - stewed cucumber with carrot in sauce