spicy stewed snapper
2 red snapper (500 gr)
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp salt
1200 ml of water
2 serai / sereh / lemongrass
3 cm jahe
3 cm lengkuas / laos / galangal
3 jeruk purut leaves
1 pandan leaf
1/2 tsp salt
20 red rawits
1 tsp pepper
3 tbsp lime juice
1 bunch of kemangi
3 red lomboks
3 cloves of garlic
3 green tomatoes
Grate the jahe and the laos. Cut the lomboks, the shallots, the garlic and the tomatoes into thin slices and finely. Cut the pandan leaf into pieces and finely chop the jeruk purut.
Clean and halve the fish. Rub it in with the lime juice and the salt and leave it for 15 minutes.
Heat the water in a pan and add the serai, the jahe, the laos, the jeruk purut, the pandan leaf, the salt and the pepper and bring to the boil. Then add the fish, the shallots, the garlic and the lomboks and cook the fish until tender.
Then add the lime juice, the kemangi leaves, the rawits and the tomatoes and bring to the boil for 3 minutes. Serve.
- Ayam Masak Santan Pedas - chicken in a spicy fragrant sauce
- Kangkung Masak Kecap - stir-fry of kangkung in a kecap sauce
- Gaco - beef with coconut
- Ayam Goreng Asem Garem - fried chicken
- Bidh-Dheng Pokak - Madura Spiced drink from Madura
- Singit - in seasoned coconut milk braised beef from Jepara
- Sambal Bengkwang - spicy relish with jicame or water chesnuts