spicy braised beef with coconut
500 gr beef
600 ml of water
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
3 asam gelugur
3 salam leaves
3 tbsp grated coconut, toasted
7 cloves of garlic
10 red lomboks
2 cm jahe
3 cm lengkuas / galangal
5 kemiri nuts
1 tbsp andaliman pepper
1 tsp salt
Cut the meat into 5x5 cm cubes. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bunbu fine into a paste.
Heat the water in a pan together with the meat, the serai, the asam gelugur and the salam and cook the meat tightly covered for 60 minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu for 5 minutes and then add it to the meat and mix well. Continue cooking the meat until the moisture has halved. Then mix in the coconut and cook the meat until done. Then add the salt and continue cooking until the sauce has thickened. Serve.
- Sambal Babi - spicy pork cooked in coconut milk
- Itek Sioh - fried duck in sweet sauce
- Mu Wan - thai babi kecap / sweet pork
- Rujak (Mi) Juhi - noodles with peanut sauce
- Semur Bebek Bumbu Ngo Hiang - braised duck in a dark spicy sauce
- Sawi Asam Manis - sweet and sour Chinese cabbage
- Semur Paha Ayam Bakar - Roasted chicken in fragrant sauce