spicy braised beef with coconut
500 gr beef
600 ml of water
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
3 asam gelugur
3 salam leaves
3 tbsp grated coconut, toasted
7 cloves of garlic
10 red lomboks
2 cm jahe
3 cm lengkuas / galangal
5 kemiri nuts
1 tbsp andaliman pepper
1 tsp salt
Cut the meat into 5x5 cm cubes. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bunbu fine into a paste.
Heat the water in a pan together with the meat, the serai, the asam gelugur and the salam and cook the meat tightly covered for 60 minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu for 5 minutes and then add it to the meat and mix well. Continue cooking the meat until the moisture has halved. Then mix in the coconut and cook the meat until done. Then add the salt and continue cooking until the sauce has thickened. Serve.
- Udang Bakar Jimbaran - Roasted shrimps from Bali
- Semur Kerang Darah- spicy stewed mussels/clams
- Kangkung Renyah - fried kangkung with herbs
- Sambal Goreng Ikan Bilis - small dried anchovies with peanuts
- Abon Tongkol Pedas - dry-fried spicy tuna
- Tu'un Fafi - roasted sucking pig
- Wong Dadah - balinese mushroom soup