Sambal Tumpang Koyor
beef in a spicy creamy sauce
1 tempe semangit
400 gr beef (shank)
800 ml of water
300 ml coconut milk (of 1/2 coconut)
3 salam leaf
1 jeruk purut / kaffir lime, peel
2 cm lengkuas / galangal / laos
6 jeruk purut leaves
2 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
2 tbsp oil
4 red cabai keriting (curly cayenne peppers)
4 red lomboks
3 red rawits
4 cloves of garlic
5 cm of kencur
Steam the tempe until cooked. Steam the ingredients for the bumbu for 15 minutes. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Cut the meat into pieces.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the salam, the laos and the jeruk purut for 5 minutes.
Then add the meat and fry until it changes colour. Then add the water and bring it to the boil while stirring.
Stamp/crush the tempe coarsely and add it and mix well. Then add the salt and the palm sugar and mix well. Cook gently until the meat is tender.
Then add the coconut milk and cook over low heat until the sauce has thickened. Mix in the grated kaffir lime peel and serve.
- Hoy Mang Pu Lourk - Mussels / clams
- Kerapu Rica-Rica - grilled grouper in red sauce
- Jing Jiang Rou Si - 京酱肉丝 - strips of pork in sweet bean sauce
- Jamur Cabai Hijau - fried oyster mushrooms with green pepper
- Ayam Goreng Limo - fried spatchcocks with lemonjuice
- Madu Kasirat - a sweet snack
- Doong Gwoo Chow Ngau Yook - stir-fry of beef with mushrooms