spicy marinated stewed and roasted chicken
750 ml coconut milk (from 1 coconut)
6 jeruk purut leaves
1 kunyit leaf
2 serai / sereh / lemongrass
1 asam kandis
7 red lomboks
4 cloves of garlic
2 cm lengkuas / laos / galangal
2 cm jahe
2 cm kunyit
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
Cut the chicken in half but not through. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Rub the chicken with the bumbu and let it marinate for at least 60 minutes.
Spoon the chicken in a pan together with the jeruk purut, the kunyit leaf, the serai and the asam kandis. Then add the coconut milk and cook over low heat until the oil is released.
Fry or roast the chicken over a charcoal fire until brown and baste it regularly with the marinade/sauce. Serve.
- Sayur Terong Gurih - eggplant with tempe in spicy sauce
- Tumis Kerang Darah Petis - Mussels / cockles is a spicy sauce
- Ayam Bakar Limau - fried chicken with lemon
- Manuk Masak bahandang - chicken with leeks in coconut milk
- Urap Pakis - fern tops / fiddleheads with spiced bean sprouts and coconut
- Oseng Buncis Jamur Merang - stir-fry of green beans with mushrooms
- Sala Udang - crispy fried seasoned shrimp/prawns