stewed rumen in fresh sauce
500 gr rumen (cow or lamb / goat)
2 salam leaf
3 cloves of garlic
2 green lomboks
2 red lomboks
1 salam leaf
2 serai / sereh / lemongrass
3 jeruk purut leaves
1 tsp palmsugar
2 tbsp kecap manis
1 tsp salt
2 green tomatoes
2 tbsp asam water
400 ml of water
2 tbsp oil
Heat in a pan of water together with the rumen and the salam and cook until cooked. Scoop the rumen out of the pan and cut into pieces.
Cut the shallots and the garlic into thin slices and the lomboks in oblique rings. Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the shallots, the garlic, the lomboks, the salam, the serai and the jeruk purut for 5 minutes. Then add the rumen and mix well.
Then add the water and the asam water and cook until done and until the sauce thickens.
- Saus Sambal - chili saus
- Ikan Mas Sambal Cobek - fried fish with a sambal sauce
- Hati Garo Rica - spicy liver from North Sulawesi
- Es tambring - refreshing coconut drink
- Garang Asem Kudus - in banana leaf steamed chicken from Kudus
- Kodok saos mentega - Froglegs in buttersauce
- Ikan Kuah Kuning - Fried fish in yellow sauce from the Moluccas
Asem-Asem Babat - stewed rumen in fresh sauce
- Written by: AsianCook