Daging Suwir Cabai
small spicy pieces of beef
400 gr beef (shank)
2 jeruk purut leaves
2 salam leaf
750 ml of water
1 tbsp asam water
1 salam leaf
2 cm lengkuas / laos
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass, white part
5 gendot / habanero
1/2 tbsp kecap manis
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp palm sugar
200 ml of water
2 tbsp oil
3 green cabai keriting (curly cayenne pepper)
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp terasi / trasi bakar
Heat in a pan the water together with the meat, the jeruk purut and the salam and cook the meat until tender. Then cut the meat into thin slices and pull it apart. Heat the oil in a pan and brown the meat and set aside.
Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Cut the gendot into thin rings.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the salam, the laos and the serai for 5 minutes. Then add the gendot and mix well. Then add the meat, kecap, pepper, salt and palm sugar and mix well.
Then add the asam water and the water and cook it until tender.
- Udang Bakar Jimbaran - Roasted shrimps from Bali
- Semur Kerang Darah- spicy stewed mussels/clams
- Kangkung Renyah - fried kangkung with herbs
- Sambal Goreng Ikan Bilis - small dried anchovies with peanuts
- Abon Tongkol Pedas - dry-fried spicy tuna
- Tu'un Fafi - roasted sucking pig
- Wong Dadah - balinese mushroom soup