Daging Suwir Cabai
small spicy pieces of beef
400 gr beef (shank)
2 jeruk purut leaves
2 salam leaf
750 ml of water
1 tbsp asam water
1 salam leaf
2 cm lengkuas / laos
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass, white part
5 gendot / habanero
1/2 tbsp kecap manis
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp palm sugar
200 ml of water
2 tbsp oil
3 green cabai keriting (curly cayenne pepper)
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp terasi / trasi bakar
Heat in a pan the water together with the meat, the jeruk purut and the salam and cook the meat until tender. Then cut the meat into thin slices and pull it apart. Heat the oil in a pan and brown the meat and set aside.
Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Cut the gendot into thin rings.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the salam, the laos and the serai for 5 minutes. Then add the gendot and mix well. Then add the meat, kecap, pepper, salt and palm sugar and mix well.
Then add the asam water and the water and cook it until tender.
- Semur Kerang Hijau - Spiced stewed mussels
- Gulai Buncis Tauco - stewed beans with tauco and petai
- Gaeng Som Kai
- Sup Ikan Nila - fish soup with tilapia
- Udang Jerbung Goreng - fried large spiced shrimps/prawns
- Kailan Jamur Sauce Tiram - stir fry of kailan in an oyster sauce
- Gado Gado Kota Padang - Mixed vegetables with peanut sauce from south Sumatra