San Bei Ji - 三杯鸡
fried stewed chicken
600 gr chicken thighs
2 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
10 cm jahe/ginger
11 cloves of garlic
125 ml Shaoxing rice wine
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp palm sugar
1/2 red bell pepper
2 spring onions
sprigs of basil
Cut the meat into cubes. Cut the jahe into thin slices. Cut the bell pepper into cubes. Finely chop the spring onion. Heat water in a pan and blanch the chicken and then drain well.
Heat in a pan 2 tbsp sesame oil together with the jahe and the garlic and fry it over medium heat until the jahe turns golden brown. Then add the chicken and fry for 1 minute.
Then add the rice wine, both soy sauce and palm sugar and cook covered for 5 minutes. Then add the bell pepper and the spring onion and cook covered for 2 minutes.
Then continue cooking on a high heat without the lid until the sauce has thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the rest of the sesame oil and basil, let stand covered for 1 minute and serve.
- Tumis Kol Ampela - spicy cabbage with chicken livers
- Sambal Babi - spicy pork cooked in coconut milk
- Sambal Goreng Pedas - spicy fried green beans
- Sate Ayam Ambal Kebumen - Chicken sate from Kebumen
- Kinca Durian / Kintja Durian - sticky rice ball with a cocos-durian sauce
- Pais Suung - spicy steamed oyster mushrooms
- Gung Che Num Pa - Raw prawns with chillies