indonesian fried pies
250 gr flour
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp water
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
300 gr chiken breast
4 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
25 gr su-un (bean vermicelli)
2 eggs (hardboiled)
2 tbsp oil
Chop the garlic and the chicken breat fine. Soak the su-un in water. Slice or grate the carrots julienne. Heat in a wok the oil and fry the garlic for 1 minute. Then add the chicken, the carrot, the su-un, the salt and the pepper and fry it slowly dry. Mash the eggs and spoon them through.
Mix the flour with the butter, the egg and the salt and mix in the water and let it rest for 30 minutes. Then knead in the oil. Roll the dough very thin and cut it in 8 cm long circels. Put 1 tbsp of the filling on top of the doug and fold it in half a circel. Press the edges so that they close.
Heat in a wok oil and fry the pies golden brown.
- Semur Gorontalo - braised beef from Gorontalo
- Babi Masak Tomat - stewed pork in a spicy tomato sauce
- Ngohiong Goreng - fried stuffed tofu rolls
- Asam Padeh - poached fish in sauce
- Ayam Goreng Lengkuas - fried dried stewed spiced chicken
- Lawar Kwir - papaya salad with a spicy duck dressing
- Cah Taoge ayam - fried chicken with bean sprouts