Pork belly in fermented soy bean sauce
1000 gr pork belly
11 cloves of garlic
1 cinnamon stick, 8 cm
2 tbsp tauco (fermented soy bean paste)
2 tsp kecap manis
2 tbsp palm sugar
1 tsp salt
150 ml of water
6 tbsp oil
Cut the meat into 3 cm thick slices. Soak shi-take in water for 30 minutes, drain and cut into pieces. Pound or grind the shalots and 5 cloves of garlic into a coarse paste. Mix the tauco with the kecap, salt and palm sugar.
Heat in a pan the oil and fryt the shalots, garlic and cinnamon for 4 minutes. Then add the tauco mixture and fry it for 30 seconds. Then add the meat and water and fry it until the liquid has nearly evaporated.
Add so much water that the meat is just under and bring to boil for 5 minutes. Then add the remaining garlic and shi take and mix well. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 90 minutes until done.
- Taukwa dan Tauge - tofu with beansprouts
- Roasted chicken - 五香烤鸡
- Mi Goreng Udang Bakso - fried noodle with shrimps and fish balls
- Telur Ceplok Kuning Pedas - omelette in spicy yellow sauce
- Pla Rad Prig - fried fish with a tamarind sauce
- Daging Japit Santan - Spicy stewed and roasted beef
- Rumbah Indramayu - Steamed vegetables with peanut sauce from Indramayu