Fried duck in sweet sauce
850 gr duck
3 tbsp salt
225 g asam jawa
3 tbsp ketumbar, whole
10 tbsp palm sugar
2 tbsp kecap manis
1 tbsp peppercorns
Cut the duck into four pieces and rub it with 2 tbsp salt and let it rest for 15 minutes. rinse afterwards. Mix the asam jawa with the water and knead it. Then strain it and keep the liquid.
Pound or grind the shallots and mix it with the asam water, the ketumbar, the palm sugar, 1 tbsp salt, the kecap and the pepper and rub it into the meat and then let it marinate for 12 hours.
Heat in a pan the water and add the duck with the spices and the liquid and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the duck from the pan. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the duck until brown. Then add it back to the sauce and cook the duck, covered, until done and until the sauce thickens. serve.
- Oseng Labu siam jagung - braised chayote with corn
- Sambal Goreng Pundang - spicy fried fish from Kalimantan
- Garang Asem Tongkol - spicy steamed tuna
- Neua Pad Prik - fried marinated beef with chilies
- aubergine-tofu in chile bean sauce
- Gang Garee Gai
- Tumis Baby Buncis - stir fry of haricot verts with bakso