Pepes Ayam Bumbu Bali
spiced chicken steamed in banana leaf
300 gr chicken fillet / thigh
2 red lomboks, seeded
2 serai / sereh / lemongrass
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp palm sugar
1 tbsp asam water
2 tbsp oil
4 red lombok, seeded
3 cloves of garlic
1 cm jahe/ginger
1/2 tsp terasi / trasi bakar
Cut the chicken into pieces. Cut the lomboks and serai into oblique rings. Finely chop the tomato. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu for 5 minutes. Then add the salt, the palm sugar and the asam water and mix well. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the meat.
Spoon the mixture onto banana leaf and put some lomboks, serai and tomato on top and fold it up like a package and close the ends with biteng.
Steam the packets over medium heat for 40 minutes until it is done. Then roast the packets over a charcoal fire until the leaf has become dry and dark. Serve.
- Sate Hati Ampela Bumbu Bacem sweet chicken liver satay
- Cah Caisim Taoco - stir-fry of choisam with taoco
- Tumis Sosis Bawang Bombay - Sautéed sausage with onion
- Ayam Madu Kecap Limo - glazed fried chicken
- Semur Daging Sapi Empuk - stew of seasoned beef
- Tempe Balado - spicy fried slices of tempe with petai beans
- Sate Kempleng - sate of tenderloin with peanuts