Gulai Itik Aceh
duck curry from Aceh
250 ml thick coconut milk (kental, from 1 coconut)
50 gr coconut, roasted and mashed
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp palm sugar
1000 ml thin coconut milk (encer)
1 tsp lime juice
6 red lomboks, pitted
2 cm jahe
2 cm lengkuas/galangal/laos
1 tbsp ketumbar
2 star anise
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp caraway seeds
Rub the duck in with 1/2 tbsp salt and 1/2 tsp lime juice and then cut into 8 pieces. Heat in a pan of oil and fry the duck until golden brown and set aside.
Cut the shallots into thin slices. Heat in a pan of oil and fry the shallots until golden brown and crispy and set aside. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Mix the duck with the bumbu, the coconut, the salt and the thick coconut milk and let it marinate for 15 minutes.
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and then add the duck with the marinade. Add the thin coconut milk, pepper and palm sugar and fry until the duck is done and the sauce has thickened.
Then add the fried shallots and lime juice and mix well. Serve.
- Nasi goreng kambing - fried rice with goat / sheep meat
- Tim Telur Labu Kuning - spiced eggs with pumpkin
- Nasi Bakar Bandeng Pedas - Spicy roasted rice with fish
- Ayam Penyet Wangi Kemangi - Fragrant fried spicy chicken
- Botok Kangkung Ikan Gabus Asin - steamed kangkung with salted fish
- Sambal Goreng Labu Siam - in coconut milk braised spicy chayote
- Soto Daging Bangkalan - soup from Bangkalan (Madura)